Wednesday 24 September 2008

Sticks and Cell Phones


These drawings showed the most contrast out of any of the work I did for this project



These thumbnails helped me to focus on small parts of a larger drawing. By drawing quickly all of these small images, I began to develop sort of a pattern. These sketches became less about perfection and more about simplifying my drawings in any way possible.


These drawings were more focused on combining, layering, and rotating my cell phone and twigs.





Assignment Description:
All of the drawings are part of a series. In class we drew our cell phones and twigs by using a 2"x 2" viewfinder. In some drawings more than others, as you can see above, I focused on different attributes of my drawing such as contrast. We started off by drawing the details of our cell phones and our twigs. We then drew 128 thumbnails of these drawings. Each time we started on new drawings we based them on our previous drawings but improved them. One thing that was really helpful in this process was learning how to use different sizes of pens and markers to adjust the thickness of my lines and curves. I developed a sense of depth and the more I used this technique the more visually interesting my drawings became. I learned how to draw the eye towards and away from certain areas of the page by doing this.

No comments: